IELTS results again

We had our IELTS exams at the beginning of this month, part of our preparation for our Permanent Residency application. Our exam date was on 8 March with the speaking exam a couple of days earlier.

It was my 3rd time to take the exam so I already am pretty much a veteran on this. My first was in 2004 when we first attempted to apply for an AU visa then in 2010 for our Canadian visa. I got a 7.5 overall in 2004 and an 8.0 in 2010, so I was very confident that I'd get the 6.0 minimum that I need for our PR application. Lani, however, is a different story. It was her first time so she was well... anxious to say the least.


Anyway, the tests weren't so bad. The most difficult part is usually the speaking test and it was just great that ours was earlier than the rest of the tests. It meant we could get it over and done with, let the adrenaline cool down for a couple of days, and take the rest of the tests more relaxed.

Lani was a little worried of her speaking test, she felt she didn't do too well. She thought she'd get a 6 at most. Bu she was very happy with the rest of the tests. In fact, she thought she'd score 100% on reading.

Anyway, results arrived on the mail today and here they are.

I'll leave it to you to guess who got which.

For those taking up an IELTS exam and need some pointers, here are some old posts I wrote about it:
- IELTS Exams
- Speaking test